Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Best of the Sarah Palin Resignation Parodies

William Shatner/Tonight Show


Steven Colbert

The Colbert ReportMon - Thurs 11:30pm / 10:30c
Sarah Palin Will Be Missed
http://www.colbertnation.com/
Colbert Report Full EpisodesPolitical HumorTasers


Lucas Kavner/McSweeney's
Generally, I now think I can do more for the planet as just a guy who used to be God instead of the guy who currently is God, you know what I mean by this? Life is too short to compromise time and resources...it may be tempting and more comfortable to keep your God-head down, plod along, and appease those who demand, "Sit down and shut up," but that's the worthless, easy path − that's a quitter's way out. You can't sit down and shut up when you're God, which is why when I'm not God anymore, I can stand up and do other stuff, like not doing stuff, which is also important, yes?

You betcha.

And besides, a problem in our country today is apathy. It would be apathetic for me to just hunker down and "go with the flow." So by stepping down as God I'm avoiding the flow, which makes me a better God. This makes sense for a lot of reasons, reasons of which I will not go into now for fear of giving in to pressure. And I am not one to "give in to pressure from other people."

I'm not really a "person" anyway.

So, as of tomorrow, my assistant Ashley will step in as God.

No comments: