1. Andrew Gelman's five recommendations for statistics books (via Alex Tabarrok)
2. Bruce Sterling's annual State of the World conversation on the Well
3. Calcio Fiorentino, "the manliest game on earth". Basically a brawl with a ball, played while wearing 16th century pants.
4. Cross sectional map of Kowloon Walled City, with annotations in Japanese. (via @greatdismal)
5. Chinese haute couture from Guo Pei's 1002nd Arabian Nights collection. Amazing and almost certainly unwearable (via Bruce)
6. First fights over the separation of church and state: the Anti-Federalists lost big time.