Today, I talk with Justine Simonson and Marcus Lehmann, filmmakers and creators of the YouTube series How To Make It In _________.
How To Make It In: Berlin is the premier season of a web series about small businesses and the owners who took a risk in creating them. This season features 10 unique entrepreneurs and small business owners from Berlin's street food scene, tech startups, the service industry and more. Each season will be filmed in a different city around the world; Berlin is the premier location. Part travel show, part business series, How To Make It In:________ presents an in-the-know guide to its location while also delivering helpful tips for anyone who's ever dreamed of quitting their day job and starting fresh.
- What makes Berlin a good city for startups?
- The essentials of a good documentary funding pitch
- Ratio of shooting and editing
- Good, fast, cheap. Pick two.
- Justine's work on Years of Living Dangerously and Doomsday Preppers
- Marcus's work on an Antarctic Icebreaker and Punkin' Chuckin'
- What goes in your gear bag or go bag? Headlamps, a legal release app for filmmakers on iPad, a wireless boom mike
- Cameras: Canon 5D, Sony FS7, GoPro
- Where else they'd like to film