Friday, August 15, 2014
Sunday, July 27, 2014
- The daily routines of Vladimir Putin. Very weird and very sad.
- "Is Russia Pregnant with Ukraine?" "Like a play we cannot leave."
- The New York Times calls for legalizing marijuana. Considering how retro their trend pieces usually are, legalization may have already happened several years ago.
- George RR Martin really feels like he should finish that book now.
Tuesday, July 22, 2014
Tuesday, July 15, 2014
Sunday, July 13, 2014
- The Baroque theater designs of C. Howard Crane.
- Documentary budgets
- Terraforming the moon. The surprising thing is that the Moon is not terribly reflective right now, with an albedo of something like 0.1 or less. With terraforming, it would be substantially (>5x) brighter due to the reflectivity of water and clouds, just like the Earth.
Thursday, July 10, 2014
Wednesday, June 25, 2014
- Amartya Sen refutes the Just Desserts Theory of Distribution (via Brad DeLong)
- David Friedberg of Climate Corporation gives an impressive interview to First Round Review. Pay attention to his strategic thinking. (via Tim Ferriss)
- Amazon's maximalist bargaining position with Hachette. The POD terms are interesting.
- All-in bargaining positions like Amazon's tend to win. Here's why you should never go for piecemeal bargaining.
- Jon Gnarr and the Best Party won big in Iceland's elections a few years ago. They did it by not being serious.